Military Participation Requirements
In the United States and international countries who are allies of the United States, the Bayliner Heroes Program will be open to persons who are:
- Active duty service members including soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen and coast guardsmen on active duty in the Reserves or National Guard,
- Former service members who were honorably discharged or who have retired,
- Immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, spouse or child) of the service members and
- Immediate family members (mother, father, brother, sister, spouse or child) of service members killed in military conflicts.
Medical Community / First Responder Participation Requirements
As a special thank you for their service and dedication during the Covid-19 crisis, we would like to extend this discount program to the medical community and first responders (Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT), Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Law Enforcement (State Troopers, Sheriffs, Sheriff’s Deputies, Local Police), Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and other eligible Healthcare Professionals).
Discounts on Bayliner Boats
- The discount that you will receive when selling a boat under this program is a fixed dollar amount. See table for details. Off-invoice discounts and interest coverage or cash discounts also apply. There is no limit to the number of boats you may sell under this program.
- The dealer must complete and submit copies of proof of current or former honorable military enlistment and a copy of the customer’s retail purchase contract within 30 days of retail sale date.
- Qualified new and never-before-titled 2021 or older model year Bayliner boats are eligible for the promotion. (A list of qualifying models is attached.)
- Qualifying product must be packaged, and retail sold with an outboard/sterndrive motor purchased through Bayliner.
- The Bayliner boat must be paid off floor plan to receive the retail discount from Bayliner.
- The Bayliner boat must be warranty registered on Compass to receive the retail discount from Bayliner.
- All participating dealers will be notified of any program status change.
- The Bayliner boat must be sold in dealer’s assigned territory to qualify for the discount reimbursement.
- The Program discount must be detailed on the retail purchase contract and identified as the military, medical or first responder discount (or Heroes discount). Payment of discount will be credited to the dealer’s parts account.
- Participating dealers must comply with all rules, processes and terms outlined in this program. You may be disqualified from participating in this program for failing to comply with the program rules, processes or terms.
- The discount may not be used toward a down payment.
- The retail sale must occur before July 31, 2021 to qualify for this program discount.
Heroes Program Eligibility and Processing for Military / Medical Community / First Responders
- Every transaction where a program discount is applied will need proof of eligible military, medical, or first responder status to qualify for the discount prior to the sale being finalized. Without this proof, the discount will not be reimbursed by Bayliner to the dealership. •
- To verify for this program eligibility status with the customer:
- Active/Reserve Duty: Ask the customer for a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), recent pay stub, Delayed Entry/Enlistment DEP form, or other supporting documentation.
- Discharged/Retired: Ask for a Report of Separation from the National Archives and Records (Form DD214 if issued after 1950) or other supporting documentation to verify service and honorable discharge.
- Medical or first responders (Firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT), Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Law Enforcement (State Troopers, Sheriffs, Sheriff’s Deputies, Local Police), Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and other eligible Healthcare Professionals) must present an employer badge or professional affiliation certification or recent pay stub.
- Immediate family members of service members killed in military conflicts
- a) Must submit a death certificate verifying the service member was killed in military conflict dated 1991 or later, or
- b) Must submit Record of Casualty Notification Actions dated 1991 or later, or
- c) Must submit an official military condolence letter dated 1991 or later, or
- d) For service members from other countries such as Canada should provide death notice paperwork applicable to that country’s armed forces.
- Scan a copy of the documentation provided; include the purchase agreement
- Ensure the Heroes discount is listed on the purchase agreement
- Upload the documentation provided and the purchase agreement and then submit on Compass. Upon verification, Bayliner will issue payment through the dealer’s parts account.
- No claims will be accepted by fax or email.
HEROES PROGRAM DISCOUNTS
EF / Trophy Series
180 EF /
210 EF /