If you are looking for a career opportunity as a marine technician, working for a dealership that highly values both its customers and employees, then don’t waste another day… Lynnhaven Marine, a well-established family owned dealership has an immediate year-round opening for a full-time experienced Boat Mechanic with a full range of mechanical skills.
Our unique waterfront location allows our service team members to diagnose, repair and test their work on the water in real world conditions. Our commitment to customer service is what makes our business special. We want the best of the best on our team to better serve our community
Applicants will be primarily working on the following brands:
- Mercury / Mercrusier
- Trouble shooting various stern drives, outboards/inboards to determine the nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Performing diagnostics and repairs of all types of marine engines and drives
- Installing gauges and electronics, running wires and cables
- Repairing and troubleshooting boat electrical systems
- De-winterize and winterize boats
- Ability to tow boats, launch and load boats
- Clean boats after service
- Safely operate company and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
The right candidate:
- Must have automotive and/or marine engine repair experience
- Will have certifications, preferred but not required.
- Will have the ability to meet deadlines and have good time management skills
- Personal tools are required, company has specialty tools and manufacturer specific tools
- Must be high energy and take pride in quality workmanship
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Driver’s license is required
- Virginia Boater’s license
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with some weekends required during peak season.
Competitive pay based on certifications and/or experience. Retirement plan, paid vacation, health, dental insurance and specialized training opportunities included in our benefits package. Please respond with resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time