Careers at Lynnhaven Marine
Launch Office Full Time
Come work in our Marine Store Office!
Performing general clerical duties to include but not limited to: copying, faxing, mail distribution and filing, data entry, answering calls from customers on a multi-line switchboard, greeting customers and attending to their needs, helping maintain small convenience store and perform transactions.
Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in person, with our customers and internal departments
Must be computer savvy
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledgeable with Microsoft Word, Excel
Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
Ability to move in a fast paced environment
This is a full time position. Apply today if interested!
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Experience: Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Under the supervision of the Owner/General Manager, manage and provide daily direction to all personnel in the Parts, Service, and Rigging Departments. Report to Assistant General Manager in absence of the General Manager.
- Support the General Manager in the achievement of the departments and dealership’s financial goals for the Service areas to include Service labor and Parts Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory efficiency and dealers unit inventory.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to the staff in the Service, Parts and Rigging Departments.
- Review schedule and assign work for all service, rigging and warranty work orders; ensure work orders are completed to the customer’s satisfaction on a timely basis (assisted by Service Writers) while ensuring collectible labor is captured.
- Maintain and constantly strive to increase staff productivity.
- Maintain a safe, clean, secure and productive work environment.
- Support a strong commitment to customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers and regular correspondence of work order status.
- Work with the General Manager to staff the Service area with customer-oriented associates; participate in interviewing and make recommendations for selection; coordinate training; consult with GM and give input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepare weekly work schedules; coach and motivate associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment and reviewing productivity reports.
- Frequent communication with boat and engine manufacturers for warranty parts and tech support.
- Resolve customer problems and complaints and consult with GM as needed.
- Assist with coordination of all “Special Events” to include Boat Shows and / or other on or off-site promotional activities.
- Member of senior managers group that meets weekly.
- Work with Assistant GM to manage and ensure accuracy of unit and parts inventories and help install new software system within the three departments.
- Ensure warranty claims and engine/boat recalls are created, submitted and warranty payments received on a timely basis. Delegate as needed with any assigned staff.
- Ensure boats are properly detailed and unit deliveries are conducted in a friendly and professional manner as scheduled working with the Rigging Manager to maintain dealer stock boats.
- Assist the GM in executing other Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws, including interviewing; training; planning; assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates.
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Experience: 4-8 years in Retail Boating or similar industry; Supervisory experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and percentages
- Ability to read and analyze certain financial reports (especially P&L’s and efficiency analysis).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, techs, customers, and the public.
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
- Training, management schools and manufacturer schools.
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies, procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and recommends things needed to improve assigned departments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Work with the Assistant GM in the absence of the GM.
- Longer hours in the summer.
- Regularly performs computer work, walks and stands.
- Occasionally sits and lifts up to 50lbs.
Full Time Benefits Summary:
- Phantom Program
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary benefits
- Simple Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Paid holiday pay
Lynnhaven Marine is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday
Partial day Saturday in season.
Extra hours as needed.
Marina Forklift Operator
Lynnhaven Marine is looking for a motivated individual with experience operating marine forklifts. Duties would include lifting of customers’ boats from rack systems and trailers, coordinating boat locations with technicians and launch office staff. Candidate must have a clean driving record. This is a full time position with benefits.
What You’ll Do:
• Create exceptional customer experiences
• Enforce safety, adhering to all policies and regulatory standards as well as Lynnhaven Marine guidelines
• Take pride in our operation and the appearance of our property, jumping in to help the team out when you’re off the lift
What You Need:
• Independence & intuition; excellence in execution
• A good attitude
• Comfort with heavy machinery and confidence maneuvering vehicles
• Commitment to a zero accident culture
• Ability to move comfortably around the property, doing hands-on work
• Willingness to work weekends
• High School diploma or GED
• Clean driving record
• Prior forklift or heavy machinery operation experience
• Competitive wage
• Vacation and sick time benefits
• Simple IRA with company matching
• Health benefits including dental, disability and life insurance
Service Shop Helper/Mechanic Apprentice
Come join our team! This is a full time position with hourly compensation and potential for growth within the company.
- Service shop cleaning and maintenance
- Clean and maintain boats
- Move boats on property with company tractor
- Help and assist technicians and service writers as needed
- Help test run boats (Proof of Boater Safety Course Required)
Please come by Lynnhaven Marine to apply in person, or apply online using the form on this page.
We are currently accepting applications for rigging technicians. Come be part of our team!
The scope of work includes:
-Strong mechanical aptitude
-Basic tools are required
-Experience with marine systems in a boat yard environment
-De-winterize and winterize boats
-Launch boats and load boats
-Perform water tests as necessary
-Prepare units for delivery to customers
-Must have strong attention to detail and maintain cleanliness on projects both during and upon completion
-Strong, high quality work ethic
-Positive attitude towards work, fellow crew and our customers
-Must be a self-starter, able to manage projects on their own and effectively communicate directly with customers and service managers
-Hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Competitive benefits include 401 (k), health and dental insurance and specialized training opportunities
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- General marina maintenance
- Help launching boats
- Cleaning and washing boats
- Grounds maintenance
- Fuel attendant duties.
Must be at least 17 years of age.
Service Marine Mechanic
If you are looking for a career opportunity as a marine technician, working for a dealership that highly values both its customers and employees, then don’t waste another day… Lynnhaven Marine, a well-established family owned dealership has an immediate year-round opening for a full-time experienced Boat Mechanic with a full range of mechanical skills.
Our unique waterfront location allows our service team members to diagnose, repair and test their work on the water in real world conditions. Our commitment to customer service is what makes our business special. We want the best of the best on our team to better serve our community
Applicants will be primarily working on the following brands:
- Mercury / Mercrusier
- Trouble shooting various stern drives, outboards/inboards to determine the nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Performing diagnostics and repairs of all types of marine engines and drives
- Installing gauges and electronics, running wires and cables
- Repairing and troubleshooting boat electrical systems
- De-winterize and winterize boats
- Ability to tow boats, launch and load boats
- Clean boats after service
- Safely operate company and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
The right candidate:
- Must have automotive and/or marine engine repair experience
- Will have certifications, preferred but not required.
- Will have the ability to meet deadlines and have good time management skills
- Personal tools are required, company has specialty tools and manufacturer specific tools
- Must be high energy and take pride in quality workmanship
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Driver’s license is required
- Virginia Boater’s license
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with some weekends required during peak season.
Competitive pay based on certifications and/or experience. Retirement plan, paid vacation, health, dental insurance and specialized training opportunities included in our benefits package. Please respond with resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time