Careers at Lynnhaven Marine
Marina Forklift Operator
Lynnhaven Marine is looking for a motivated individual with experience operating marine forklifts. Duties would include lifting of customers’ boats from rack systems and trailers, coordinating boat locations with technicians and launch office staff. Candidate must have a clean driving record. This is a full time position with benefits.
What You’ll Do:
• Create exceptional customer experiences
• Enforce safety, adhering to all policies and regulatory standards as well as Lynnhaven Marine guidelines
• Take pride in our operation and the appearance of our property, jumping in to help the team out when you’re off the lift
What You Need:
• Independence & intuition; excellence in execution
• A good attitude
• Comfort with heavy machinery and confidence maneuvering vehicles
• Commitment to a zero accident culture
• Ability to move comfortably around the property, doing hands-on work
• Willingness to work weekends
• High School diploma or GED
• Clean driving record
• Prior forklift or heavy machinery operation experience
• Competitive wage
• Vacation and sick time benefits
• Simple IRA with company matching
• Health benefits including dental, disability and life insurance
Service Shop Helper/Mechanic Apprentice
Come join our team! This is a full time position with hourly compensation and potential for growth within the company.
- Service shop cleaning and maintenance
- Clean and maintain boats
- Move boats on property with company tractor
- Help and assist technicians and service writers as needed
- Help test run boats (Proof of Boater Safety Course Required)
Please come by Lynnhaven Marine to apply in person, or apply online using the form on this page.
We are currently accepting applications for rigging technicians. Come be part of our team!
The scope of work includes:
-Strong mechanical aptitude
-Basic tools are required
-Experience with marine systems in a boat yard environment
-De-winterize and winterize boats
-Launch boats and load boats
-Perform water tests as necessary
-Prepare units for delivery to customers
-Must have strong attention to detail and maintain cleanliness on projects both during and upon completion
-Strong, high quality work ethic
-Positive attitude towards work, fellow crew and our customers
-Must be a self-starter, able to manage projects on their own and effectively communicate directly with customers and service managers
-Hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Competitive benefits include 401 (k), health and dental insurance and specialized training opportunities
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- General marina maintenance
- Help launching boats
- Cleaning and washing boats
- Grounds maintenance
- Fuel attendant duties.
Must be at least 17 years of age.
Service Marine Mechanic
If you are looking for a career opportunity as a marine technician, working for a dealership that highly values both its customers and employees, then don’t waste another day… Lynnhaven Marine, a well-established family owned dealership has an immediate year-round opening for a full-time experienced Boat Mechanic with a full range of mechanical skills.
Our unique waterfront location allows our service team members to diagnose, repair and test their work on the water in real world conditions. Our commitment to customer service is what makes our business special. We want the best of the best on our team to better serve our community
Applicants will be primarily working on the following brands:
- Mercury / Mercrusier
- Trouble shooting various stern drives, outboards/inboards to determine the nature and extent of damage or malfunction
- Performing diagnostics and repairs of all types of marine engines and drives
- Installing gauges and electronics, running wires and cables
- Repairing and troubleshooting boat electrical systems
- De-winterize and winterize boats
- Ability to tow boats, launch and load boats
- Clean boats after service
- Safely operate company and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
The right candidate:
- Must have automotive and/or marine engine repair experience
- Will have certifications, preferred but not required.
- Will have the ability to meet deadlines and have good time management skills
- Personal tools are required, company has specialty tools and manufacturer specific tools
- Must be high energy and take pride in quality workmanship
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Driver’s license is required
- Virginia Boater’s license
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with some weekends required during peak season.
Competitive pay based on certifications and/or experience. Retirement plan, paid vacation, health, dental insurance and specialized training opportunities included in our benefits package. Please respond with resume and salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time